10 Controversial Red Bull Facts That Will Shock You
What follows are 10 controversial Red Bull facts:
10. It’s believed that Red Bull caused a fatal heart attack for 21-year-old Chloe Leach after drinking four cans and several vodka drinks also containing caffeine.
9. One of Red Bull’s ingredients, taurine, is an amino acid exclusively found in animal protein primarily used for cat food.
7. Red Bull’s ad team once again landed in hot water after a commercial aired suggesting members of the Titanic would have survived if they’d drunk Red Bull and grown wings.
6. In 2009, German officials banned the sale of Red Bull in six German states after discovering traces of cocaine in the drink.
5. While a popular element in mixed drinks, studies say the caffeine inhibits awareness of inebriation and even makes drinkers feel more impulsive.
4. Countries like France, Norway, and Denmark all initially banned the sale of Red Bull.
3. Many argue Red Bull should carry warning labels for caffeine content. Caffeine intoxication is a growing problem among college students and can lead to death in rare cases.
2. Red Bull is known to affect the calcium content of bones due to caffeine, leading to slight increased risk for osteoporosis.