Couple Allegedly Dies of Suspected Food Poisoning at McDonald’s
A couple was found dead at the parking lot of a community mall in Las Pinas Thursday night.So why is that Mcdonald's is being the one to blame as rumors say so? The couple just ordered food from the fast food chain located at the mall on the same day of their shocking death. The death surrounding the Escano couple is under investigation as of press time. There's already an initial forensic examination facilitated by the Scene of the Crime Operatives and it revealed that the cause of death was shock secondary to digestion of toxic substance.
Police identified the couple as Juliet Escano, 51, a bank manager and her husband Jose Maria Escano, 50, sales manager of a pharmaceutical company.
Security guard Morgan Gerobise said he was doing his rounds at the parking lot of Evia Lifestyle Center, Daanghari, Almanza Dos at 7:35 p.m. when he spotted the male Escano laying unconscious on the ground behind a Toyota Innova with plate number TLQ 346.
Gerobise said he looked inside the Innova and spotted Mrs. Escano who was also unconscious.
The guard immediately asked for help from the on-duty nurse at the mall to try to revive the couple. Mrs. Escano was brought to Metro South Medical Center where she was declared dead on arrival while Mr. Escano died at Las Pinas Medical Center.
Mcdonald's released a statement regarding the issue:
Evia Lifestyle Center and Vista Land also expressed their deepest sympathies to the grieving family of the couple. The managements also coordinated with the Station Investigation and Detective Management Unit of the Philippine National Police in Las Pinas. Evia and Vista Land assured the public that they will extend any and all necessary help to fast-track investigation into the case. The police had access already to the CCTV Cameras of the shopping mall.