Creepy Footage Shows Slab Of Beef Pulsating After It Was Taken Home

Creepy Footage Shows Slab Of Beef Pulsating After It Was Taken Home

Some like their steaks blue, but this footage might just be enough to put you off.

One woman in China was horrified to find her slab of beef appeared to be pulsating one hour after it was bought, reported the People's Daily Online.

Ms Cheng, who lives in Shandong province, was about to cut the raw steak when she noticed the disturbing movements and said it looked like it was 'still alive'.

A 20-second clip shows the entire slab of beef appears to twitch as it sits on the work surface.

Ms Cheng said: 'It looks like it is still alive, or that there are worms or something inside. However when I cut it open I didn't find any worms, just twitching.'

Lv Suwen, an expert at the local animal health department, said that the spasms were caused by nerve endings that had not died yet.

Ms Lv said: 'You can rest assured, this piece of meat is very fresh and is from a freshly slaughtered animal.

'The central nervous system is dead but the nerve endings in the muscles are still firing resulting in the jumping, because the nerves are not yet dead. This will stop after a short time.'


Ms Cheng said she bought the meat at 8am and began to cut it at 9am, but it is unclear when it was butchered.

Ms Lv said it was unlikely that the meat had been tampered with: 'From my many years of experience, I have never encountered this type of tampering.

'Using medicine or other means to make muscles twitch is unnecessary”.

The creepy footage has amassed more than 11 million clicks on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent to Twitter, since it was uploaded last Friday.

Some users have commented that the pulsating was a sign of 'freshness'.

Officials from the animal health department said the meat was safe to eat.

By Emily Chan and Edward Chow, Dailymail Online 


STICKY 6849644320919131623

Woman Arrested After Boyfriend Passes Out Due To Her Bad Body Odor

Authorities arrested Lashawna Stanokia today after her boyfriend was admitted to the emergency room for air poisoning. Donald Faison lo...

Follow Us


Stay updated via Email Newsletter:

Follow us on Google


Hot in week


Random Stories

Follow us on Google +

Popular Posts