Paraskavedekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th, apparently. Here are 13 things that might make you rue the day.
1. Ben Franklin Writes Nothing Is Certain 'Except Death And Taxes'
2. Doomsday Comin'
"doomsday" asteroid, Apophis, will come incredibly close to earth on Friday, April 13, 2029. But don't worry. It won't actually hit earth...or will it?
3. No Way, Jose! Olsen Twins Born On Friday The 13th
evil is up to you.
4. A Supposedly Fun Thing That 3,229 People Won't Ever Do Again
struck a rock off Isola del Giglio, tearing a 174-foot gash in the hull and partially inundating the ship. At least 32 people died in the accident. The wreck of the ship remained stuck near the island as of August 2013.
5. Rapper Tupac Shakur Dies
Shakur is still credited as a major influence for current hip-hop music, and is regularly immortalized in lyrics and tribute songs.
6. Black Sabbath Releases Debut Album
self-titled debut album. Rock was forever changed for the blacker.
7. Tennessee Law Banning Evolution Passes
On Friday, March 13, 1925, the Tennessee Senate passed the Butler Act, a law "prohibiting the teaching of the Evolution Theory in all the Universities, and all other public schools." It was enacted March 21 of that year, but we'll allow it here just to show how far Tennessee has come. Oh wait...
8. Rugby Team's Plane Crashes In Mountains. Cannibalism Ensues.
After a plane carrying the Uruguayan rugby team crashed in the Andes Mountains on Friday, October 13, 1972, the survivors were faced with an unappetizing situation: starve to death or resort to cannibalism. The result was a harrowing tale of human survival that was turned into a mediocre movie.
9. The French Go All 'Game Of Thrones' On Knights Templar
belief is a modern invention.
10. First Nudist Colony Founded -- In England
11. Top Chef Julia Child Dies
Child had another career in the Office of Strategic Services, a World War II-era spy agency for the United States. Wonder where she got those knife skills?
12. Accordion Patented In The U.S.
patent for "Construction of Accordion" at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office website.
13. Friday The 13th Part III Released
first in the series to be released on Friday the 13th. It came out on Friday, August 13, 1982.